SmartRent collects data to ensure customer satisfaction and to continue to offer quality customer support. We want you to understand the data we collect and why we collect it.
Data Collected By SmartRent:
SmartRent collects three types of data to ensure a positive experience as well as to enhance our Customer Support.
- Information you or your community have provided about yourself, such as your email address to send you your registration link
- Details you or your community have provided about your home, such as your address or room names you’ve assigned in the SmartRent app
- Sensor data from devices connected to your SmartRent account; it also includes information about your device interactions and app usage
Ways Data Is Used By SmartRent:
Ways Data Is Protected By SmartRent:
The SmartRent service is hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centers maintained by industry-leading service providers. Data center providers offer state-of-the-art physical protection for the servers and related infrastructure that comprise the operating environment. These service providers are responsible for restricting physical access to our systems to authorized personnel. Learn more about AWS cloud security.
Where Data Is Stored By SmartRent:
All of your data is stored securely within networks compliant with AWS Cloud Security standards. Learn about AWS cloud security.
How SmartRent Keeps Your Home Secure:
We encrypt all data sent and received from the SmartRent Hub using ciphers and TLS that comply with industry standards. Data that transports between your mobile device and our cloud based services complies with AWS Cloud Security standards.
Keeping Your Home Secure:
Here are a couple of key steps you can take to ensure access to your home via the SmartRent mobile app is secure and protected:
- Never share your phone with someone you don’t trust
- Ensure a passcode or biometrics is used to login to your phone and/or SmartRent mobile app
- Never share your personal access codes with anyone you do not trust
- If you have any reason to reset your door code, you can easily do so by following our How Do I Reset or Customize My Access Codes? article