This is a quick guide to show you how to function your new Alloy Home Electrical Heating Thermostat. This thermostat is very simple to use, as it only has a few buttons for functionality and is heat only. The and arrows on the front of the thermostat will adjust the temperature and the buttons below the arrows will change the thermostat mode.
If the thermostat is not responding to commands when pressing buttons on the screen, check the mode it’s in. If it is set to “off” in the app, then the thermostat will not respond. To resolve this, flip the on/off switch on the right side of the thermostat down and then back up. You can also turn the thermostat back on using the app.
Setpoint Modes on the Thermostat:
- The sun icon indicates Manual Mode. This is the default mode and currently the only mode supported by the mobile app.
- The moon and star icon indicates Energy-Saving Mode (Not supported by the mobile app today).
- The suitcase icon indicates it is in Vacation Mode (Not supported by the mobile app today).
- The large number on the screen is the current temperature. If you press the up or down arrows, the desired temperature will blink for a few seconds and then the screen will go back to the main screen which shows the current temp.
- GFCI Error: When the GFCI reset button is pressed (accidentally in most cases), the thermostat screen will read "GFCI," a red light may appear on the side, and the thermostat will not respond to changes. You can resolve this issue by turning off the thermostat (using the switch on the right side), wait five seconds, then turn the thermostat back on.