An Automation allow you to define a "trigger event" and once that event occurs, one or more of your smart devices will perform a particular action automatically. Automations can be customized for any of your devices. For example, you can set "When my front door is unlocked, I want to trigger my thermostat to turn the temperature to 75 degrees." In this example, the 'Front Door' being 'unlocked' is the trigger, and the effect is the 'thermostat' being 'set to 75'. An Automation will run regardless of how the even was triggered; whether it be through the app, website, or manually.
To create a new Automation:
- Tap on the More menu
- Select Automations from the menu
- There you will see a list of your Automations
- To add a new Automation, tap on the + icon
- Provide a Name for your Automation and tap Next
- Select a Trigger for your Automation
- Set an Effect(s) for your Automation
- Tap Save
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at (844)479-1555.