You may notice when you log in to your SmartRent app, you see a message saying that your "Home is Offline". Here are some quick things to check when you are having issues accessing your SmartRent account or your paired devices:
- Make sure your SmartRent hub is plugged into a working power source. The light on the hub will should be solid green if the hub is on and operational.
- If your hub shows any other color, restart or power down the hub to reset the connection. (Refer to option 5 for instructions on how to reboot your SmartRent hub)
2. Make sure that your SmartRent hub is plugged into your internet router via the provided ethernet cable.
3. Test each of your devices. Identify if it is all of your devices that are not functioning properly, or if only certain devices are having issues. If only certain devices are having issues, check out our documentation regarding those specific devices.
4. If you have a black green, adjust the SD micro chip located on the front of the hub by popping it out and back into place.
5. If none of the above has described your issue, try unplugging your SmartRent hub from power, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in, and then wait 5 minutes for the hub to reboot.You should see all lights turn completely off when powering down. If you don’t, here are a few tips to successfully power down your hub:
White Hub – Unplug the hub from the power source and hold down the second (middle) for a few seconds until you no longer see any lights lit up.
Black and Green Hub – Take the green part of the hub off and remove the blue battery located in the middle of the hub. This should allow you to successfully reboot the hub.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our support team via email at email@example.com, by phone at (844)479-1555, or live chat us in the mobile app.