In general, you should see your devices respond within a few seconds.
Under these circumstances though, responses may take up to 30 seconds or longer:
- Network routers, baby monitors, wireless phones and even microwaves can create interference between devices
- Building materials (drywall, brick, concrete, etc.) and the layout of your home may impact response times
- Storing your hub inside boxes or metal enclosures may reduce performance
- Moving your hub to a new location farther from your devices may negatively impact device connectivity
- Rapidly pressing buttons in the app can create congestion in the system and decrease response times