If you have a Amazon Alexa enabled device such as a Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Spot, Echo Look, Echo Plus or other 3rd-party devices that have Alexa built in, you are able to connect your Alexa account to your SmartRent account and control your SmartRent devices using voice commands.
Before getting started, please ensure both your Hub and your Alexa device are connected to the internet.
To get started:
- Download the Amazon Alexa app on your phone.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app
- Tap on the Menu in the upper left corner
- Tap on Skills & Games
- Search for SmartRent and select the SmartRent skill
- Tap the Enable button
- Enter your SmartRent credentials and tap Authorize
Once authorized, your devices will appear in the smart home section of the Amazon Alexa app and you can start controlling them using voice commands. Please also check to make sure you don't have multiple devices under the same name as this can cause a response similar to this: "You have multiple devices that are named XXX....." In order to fix this, open the Alexa app and tap on "Smart Home", which will bring up your devices. Scroll through the list and make sure each device has a unique name.
To use Alexa with SmartRent:
A full list of commands that Alexa understands can be found on Amazon.com. Below are a few examples of commands you can use. Some of them may not be available as it depends on what devices you have connected to your SmartRent account.
- "Turn on the kitchen lights."
- "Turn off the lights."
Air Conditioning & Heating
- "Set the thermostat to 72 degrees."
- "What is the temperature in here."
- "Turn off the thermostat."
- "What is my thermostat set to?"
Doors and Locks
- "Lock the front door."
- For security purposes, we do not allow the command to "unlock" a door.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our support team via email at email@example.com, by phone at (844)479-1555, or live chat us in the mobile app.